I just read that 33 students were suspended. The one who used school equipment to film and edit had been punished as well.

High School Students Suspended for 'Twerking' - ABC News

Also, the students could be punished for violating the sexual harassment rules, due to a male on looker in the video. Apparently it is stated in the rule book that no "provocative" dances are allowed. Grinding, freaking, etc.. are specifically listed. According to this Buzzfeed article the students also sign a portion in the rule book that states they will do nothing disruptive to/at school.

33 High School Students Suspended For Twerking

I wish I could see the video. This is apparently a wealthier zip code than 90210. I'm sure the schools A/V equipment is excellent.
Originally Posted by Fifi.G
Do a Google search for "twerking video," there's a portion of it on Gawker.
Originally Posted by medussa
Thank you, Medussa. I will try to find it.

I would like to see part of it for myself. I am curious about this whole twerking in unison thing. It's a little too handy for the entire "twerk team" to be available, wearing a school gym uniform, when a fellow student randomly asks if anyone wants to help him make a video for class. Smells like a cover story for a plan to me.

I did read comments where parents said it is the schools fault that a twerk team existed. How did they not know? They failed the children. Oh brother. I also read several other comments saying they should not have been punished at all. I still don't know exactly how I feel about the punishment. I would have never survived in a school with dress code, uniforms, or restrictions on dance. Don't tell me how to dress or move are two of my biggies. BUT looking at it from a school admin perspective, they may have gotten off light. They are aware of the no "provocative" dance clause, the zero tolerance sexual harassment policy, and also signed a document saying they would not do anything to disrupt school classes. That's 3 potential rules broken, per the school. One alone carries a 5 day suspension.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??