Right, but "provocative" is in the eye of the beholder isn't it? To be "provocative", it has to be intended to provoke another person into a sexual reaction. What if that's not what they're doing and they just think it's a cool move?
Originally Posted by Amneris
Provocative absolutely is in the eye of the beholder. As I stated, I was doing dances others would call provocative, nasty, dirty, etc in school. Some that were in fact simulated sex on the dance floor, and long before I ever actually did the act. It was just dance for me, and moves I saw on MTV that I thought were great, because I love dance. The main point is, in this case, the school is the beholder and they had previously and explicitly deemed this "provocative".
Originally Posted by Fifi.G
And if my kid had been in that school, I would have had a huge issue with that. I'd like to know if any non-African-based dances get the "provocative" label and how the school gets to decide there is a moral interpretation of other peoples' cultural traditions.
Originally Posted by Amneris
I guess the term "dirty dancing" covers a wide Patrick Swayze array of dances.

I could not put my hypothetical child in a school with those rules either, or sign on the dotted line acknowledging them. Dance is my favorite form of expression, period. It's how I let go and shake things off. But again, if you are going to do something that breaks several rules... Be ready (and be proud of it).

Where is Kevin Bacon when you need him
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??