View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #9
anonymous_133347

If it's wash day I tend to part my hair when it's wet and soaked with conditioner. (That is if I want to change it from whatever it is already.) I comb it whichever way I want it, then I pluck individual bits of my conditioner soaked hair and arrange the part so that it's less "neat". I like a wandering look. Sort of wiggly. Then I get out and put some clippies in for root volume while it dries or when I diffuse. On second day hair I can leave it in that particular part or can I change it up. I might sweep it to the other side (if my hair is parted to whatever direction) for instant root volume or I can change it to a middle or slightly left/right of the middle part. To do this I just pluck my hair from the scalp again and arrange the curls the way I want them. If my curls and roots aren't falling correctly or staying in place I take my trusty clippies again and cross-clip at the crown to hold the curls wherever I'd like them to be. I leave the clips be for five-ten, maybe more minutes and then take them out gently. I've discovered my roots actually are very good at holding a style, just like the rest of my hair. I just need to give them some direction. I also refresh in the morning by dampening my hair and adding a bit of leave in and product back in. Hope this helps!

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

anonymous_133347 is offline   Reply With Quote