I started CG back in March, but now in May I'm throwing in the towel. I make only sixty bucks a week and I just can't afford all the trial and error, plus it seems like CG approved products are hard to find and too expensive when I find them. My hair also hasn't been as soft, and I've always associated my hair being soft with it being moisturized. It's just been dry.

I wanted to go until the end of summer, but I just can't. My hair is too dry and my wallet just can't handle it. I'm going back to my regular products tomorrow. Besides, even before I was using CG products, I was still following the technique.

There are CG products I like--the Shea Moisture shampoo is really nice on my hair so far, so I'm going to keep using it once a week and clarify with a sulfate shampoo once a month when I DC. Otherwise I'm going back to my other products, and wait until I have more money before I go CG again.
Originally Posted by RobotQT1
You don't have to have a lot of money for it. If its working for you, you can get CG friendly products and spend less than ten dollars. Suave Natural, Tresemme Naturals, LA Looks gels... Those things work for me and cost hardly anything!