You don't have to have a lot of money for it. If its working for you, you can get CG friendly products and spend less than ten dollars. Suave Natural, Tresemme Naturals, LA Looks gels... Those things work for me and cost hardly anything!
Originally Posted by OhSunshinex3
This: I did the first two years with primarily cheap high street products like Inecto coconut conditioner, no rinse out, Triple Nutrition as a leave in, Boots purple gel, coconut oil. Personally I'd gotten to the stage when I'd accepted the standard commercial haircare products and routine were killing my hair and I was willing to give change a fair crack of the whip: commercial products have had many many of my money and years of my time.

Alternatively you can doctor cheap products with cheap ingredients like refined coconut oil, olive pomace oil, white vinegar, golden syrup, sugar, coconut milk in powder form, glycerin. Here in the UK these are cheaper than virgin oils, apple cider vinegar, honey or canned coconut milk but the same basic chemistry. Anything that doesn't work as an ingredient, you eat!

Seems to me a lot of people are shocked by the true condition of their hair when they quit silicones and other ingredients that give faux slip, shine and condition. Mine was pretty horrible the first few months, but two years on it was definitely worth it, I've finally cut off the worst of the straggly broken hair, only a few inches of the worst damage remaining and I can see the difference between the 'old' and 'new' hair if I don't use any products or shampoo my head, old hair is more stringy and poufy.
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect