I finally tried AO GPB this morning. My first hair days are always my worst hair days, but I think it's not too bad. First my routine today:

- Washed it with a sulfate shampoo to remove the build-up from the polyquats (can't wait to get a polyquat-free styler!)
- Low-pood (just to make sure my hair would be REALLY clean)
- Applied GPB, then put it in a bun
- Did all the other things I had to do while showering
- Rinsed it
- Applied CJ CQ
- Scrunched out the water
- Plopped for 10-20 minutes (not sure, lost track of time).

My hair looked great whilst being wet but my curls need more hold and support because they're too heavy Still, my hair looks much better than before on the first day. I still have quite some waves. I know my hair is much curlier than you can tell right now, but it could be worse.

As for GPB: I was surprised by the consistency. It didn't feel as oily and slippery as past conditioners or the argan oil one by CJ. I need to get used to the smell but I do like it. I think my hair likes protein, although it does feel more straw-like than usual. Probably, my hair could use some moisture, but this might be due to the combination of using sulfates and protein. I know I still have the CJ conditioner lying around which is a moisture bomb. Perhaps I should try that but my hair hates oils so I'm not sure. Speaking of which, I was scared for the oils in GPB but no trouble there so far.

I even used a minor amount of CJ CCCL to SOTC. I'm still thinking about getting rid of that product but my hair could use it to add some shine. Below is a picture. Hair seems to be dry (but probably isn't). I just applied CJ CCCL before taking the picture. My hair will probably be droopy because that's what CCCL does, but who knows?

And seeing that so many curlies on this thread have similar properties, how do you feel about co-washing with GPB? And what styler do you recommend? I'm thinking about getting KCCC, but I've also read about Ecostyler, which is available in the Netherlands and really cheap. I can get KCCC here as well but it's 25,- vs. $16,- in the US (12,-). Still, most people, especially those with more wavy hair like mine, rave about KCCC rather than Ecostyler.

F - LP - HD - NE
Fine, low porosity, high density, normal elasticity
Hairtype 2c

Low poo: Looking for a new one
Protein: IAGirl's gelatine treatment
Detangler & LI: KCKT
Styling: KCCC

Beauty Is Not a Number