Put it in soaking wet hair - I actually smooth it down the clumps and then scrunch it in. As long as my hair is really wet and has LI in it, my curls don't get disrupted.
Originally Posted by Jas76
I meant to respond to this too, but forgot.

I think your curl pattern might be a bit more resilient than mine. I find even scrunching messes mine up a lot. I have to super lightly scrunch more from the sides to put my LI in if I want to keep a good curl. Likewise if I let water run down my hair it smoothes it out nicely but as soon as I touch it after that it starts to web for lack of a better word and tangle. I also can't flip my hair upside down without it doing the same thing. I have to very carefully turn it over and sort of shake it at the roots with my finger to get it to fall down right and even then I end up with some broken curls. I think having to do these things is why my top curls are so much worse than my under curls and the frizz. The days I am able to do less are usually my better days. I am still trying to find the right method for me for applying product because of this.