at this point I am not sure if I will be pure CG or modified, I am just figuring it all out, so some of the products I am using now are just because they are what I bought and I don't want to waste them. I am also still doing research before I decide on any products to try. But I do agree that modified seems to work better for some and everyone just has to find their perfect way through trial and error.
Originally Posted by awelcome
Dont worry too much about labels, at the end its about what works for your hair. In the beginning, I think non sulfate cleansers are a safe bet to get started in combo with a gel. Simple. I did the whole cowashing, hated that. After a year full cg my hair is ridiculously healthy and I'm back to 'cones, oils and I just added a sulfate 'poo. Very damaged or dry hair will benefit from the gentler cg products but i have to agree its not about a specific ingredient in and of itself. Many cg products failed despite havig the "best" ingredients. And now I get great results from "bad" ingredients. So experiment, and have fun! Everyone is here to help
2C-3A MBL
Medium/fine texture, high density, normal porosity and elasticity

High humidity/high dews, so no to humectants
Current products: SM C&S and YTCukes 'poo, AOHR,
HEHH, LALPS. GF anti humidity hairspray.
Hair loves: protein, scrunching, plopping
Hates: leave-in, raking, aloe, pixie curling