After doing the CG method for years, I slowly am going to almost all DIY. Thanks to this site and some awesome blogs, I now have a list of favorite recipes.

For Shampoo: Baking Soda

I mix one part baking soda and three parts water into a watery paste and pour it all over my hair, gently rubbing it into my scalp and through the curls. With my 3a curls, it takes me about 5-8 minutes to thoroughly cover my hair.

I know, it sounds a little weird, but out of all the ones I have tried, this works best. Just make sure to rinse it out thoroughly. It won't be sudsy, but it cleans like nothing else. Plus it's pretty inexpensive

For a styling agent:

I make my own gel out of flaxseeds (or linseeds). There are some great videos on youtube that show you how to make it. I followed the way that MahoganyCurls showed in her video. It takes about ten minutes to make, and it's easy to customize on the thickness of the gel. I mix a little raw shea butter in mine for an extra hold.

For Conditioner:

This is the one area that I'm still having trouble transitioning to DIY. I'm obsessed with the DevaCurl One Condition, and love what it does to my hair.

My best friend is completely DIY on everything and her favorite recipe is a modified one she found on Pinterest:

2 cups coconut oil
2 teaspoons vitamin E oil
2 teaspoons vegetable glycerine or jojoba oil
1tablespoon of 100% pure aloe vera juice
8 drops lavender essential oil

just put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix with a high power mixer until the concoction is white and smooth, usually mixing it for 3-5 minutes should be fine. She says its a great moisturizing conditioner that she uses as a leave in.

Hope these help! If you want more check out Pinterest, they have some awesome boards of DIY recipes for Hair and Skin.