Hi ladies, I just made my first batch tonight and have yet to try it out. The first time I did it, it wouldn't strain. So then I tried again and it seems too runny. I later saw this post on Pinterest that had several tips & recipes for FSG. One of the recipes is a no stir method in which you put the seeds in nylon and let them steep in the water. It looks like doing it this way you can let it cook longer and get thicker. Has anyone tried this? Does the thickness or the FSG make a big difference?
Pinterest post: Benefits Of Flaxseed Gel For Holding Curls, Waves & Kinks - HairBoutique.com Blog
Originally Posted by stefflg79
Do you use "nylon" stockings or buy nylon bags some place. If you buy something to put the seeds in, where do you get it? I googled "nylon bag" and purses came up. TIA
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams