So those measurements refer to the length they will cut your hair to, the first is 1/16th of an inch, the second two are longer, 1/8th of an inch.

I would say both are probably too short to start with. I would always recommend you use a 1" attachment to start so you can get used to using them before you get down to your required length (also you need to take into account the curl)

Maybe, seeing as you are weary of the clippers to begin with, you could go to a salon, and ask them to do this for you, but explain that you want to maintain it yourself and ask them to do it with clippers so you can see what they do. You may need to buy your own to get all of the attachments (they usually come with a lot so some may have gotten lost from the set you have) but the $50 for a decent Ary will be worth it if you're sure you like the style, want to keep it and can do it at home.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using CurlTalk App
2C, Medium thickness, Low posity
Recovering from a year of keratin and bleach with CG

Routine

Low Poo, Condition, Leave in, Curl cream, Supersoak, Gel, Diffuse on high heat, with minimal lift to encourage waves and reduce frizz, Dry on cool with nozzle down to smooth hair and finish drying,Shine Serum

Weekly gelatin protien treatments.