View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 07:45 AM   #6
Firefox7275

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdmom5 View Post
Thank you ladies for the help..I have thought of making my own but wasn't sure what to use..my budget is about $6-10 for a product. I do have coconut oil, glycerin and honey plus some other oils sitting in my house so I will certainly try my own. Thanks again.
Either olive or coconut oil plus honey or another sugar source is a classic combination that is raved about, check out YouTube. But if you have a conditioner base with a lot of oil you could just add the honey, if you have one with a lot of humectants you could just add the oil. Let us know how you get on!

Be aware not all oils will penetrate the hair, anything polyunsaturated will likely not. Coconut can if left long enough, probably also olive and avocado, you might not get much penetration tho being low porosity. There is a series of excellent articles by 'curl chemist' Tonya McKay where she explains the function of different ingredients.
Tonya McKay | NaturallyCurly.com

CO-wash: Inecto coconut
Treatments: Komaza Matani, coconut oil, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss ultimate volume, Inecto argan
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Boots Essentials gel
Experimenting with: going back to basics
Firefox7275 is offline   Reply With Quote