View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #13
Lynaea

Thumbs up DO lowpoo, SS CC, SSI okra, Volumax

Dew point wash day: 61
Dew point next day: 67
Interesting weather?:

Cowash/Lowpoo: DO lowpoo; like this, lathers well yet feels slippy when using, rinsed clean without feeling too stripped or oily
RO: SS Caitlin's condish
Leave-in: SSI Okra condish
Styler(s): Volumax Mega gel

Styling Technique: okay so last night I didn't get good gel distribution so tonight I put in twice as much and tried to plop, hahaha! My hair was like a gooey helmet with bubbles and white oogy stuff. So I rinsed and tried again, Okra leave-in, scrunched out some water with a flour sack because my aquis has gel all over it now. , flipped and shook to loosen canopy then scrunched in gel in nickel size portions side-to-side and upside down, plopped with heat blast. Added a bit more gel with wet hands when I took down plop (@30 mins), pixie diffused till my hair got so hard it wouldn't compress well then went over it a bit from the top down. Hair is crispy and moderately damp, I sure hope its dry in the morning cause I'm gonna have to SOTC regardless, there's no way I'm going to work like this!

First Impressions: my hair feels weird never had such crispy hair before, having trouble believing it will be anywhere near soft tomorrow. Also, both times I rinsed this gel out my hair felt weirdly coated and dried out, that's why I lowpoo'd 2nd day in a row, gonna research the ingredients.

Next day results: OMG, I woke up with really wavy (crispy) hair, it scrunched out easily enough and my waves lasted the whole day! I even got two compliments!!! There was minimal frizz, got a little worse through the day though it was more like hairs that were escaping there clumps because of movement and touching it. I have to go to dinner with my Mom later so I added some DO spray gel with wet hands to calm it down some. I'll scrunch it out before I leave. I am super happy, and super peeved at myself for not trying a hard hold gel sooner.

New things to try: not sure about this gel, have two others to try and also interested in the Max Green sculpting gel, supposed to be similar to BRHG too (some threads/reviews compare gel I used to BRHG), Abba finish or style gels also look good, not sure about polyquats and peg-cones though.

Update after wearing all day, gel worked great, hair is still defined, shiny and looks good. Still want to try the Max Green gel when I can get my hands on it but I am really happy with the Volumax Mega and the price is great. Also, I looked up the first several ingredients and none were scary so I'm gonna stop worrying and be happy. Hahaha
Pic is from this morning after SOTC.
Attached Thumbnails
Lynaea's CG Hair Journal-image.jpg  

This is what I'm happiest with right now.
Co-wash: CJ DailyFix
Lo-poo: DermOrganic low-poo
RO: SS Caitlin's co
Leave-in: SheScentIt Okra Repair condish
PT: SS Caitlin's + SS PT
Stylers: Volumax Mega Gel, Max Green Styling Gel, DermOrganics Spray Gel
Techniques: Plopping & Pixie Diffusing.
glycerin, honey, oils & butters Protein!

Last edited by Lynaea; 05-12-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Lynaea is offline   Reply With Quote