Thread: So offended!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #13
Samanthascurlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox7275 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanthascurlz View Post
Actually I disagree with you and don't appreciate your rudeness. Yes, it's fine to tell your employees to present the company in a clean and groomed manner (like you said). However, to make a smirk or to make an employee feel targeted is NOT appropriate. I am not assuming, I KNOW that her boss is INDIRECTLY stating that bigger or even curly hair is not "groom appropriate." It's called being passive because he knows he CAN NOT tell the young woman that her hair isn't groomed. I APOLOGIZE I shouldn't have used discrimination because that is too strong of a word. Before you decide to attack a post, be nice, and thoroughly read. I don't appreciate you trying to point out everything wrong with my reply. There are a lot nicer ways to disagree. I have no problem with no one agreeing, but try to be kinder about it especially since it's the internet and I have to assume a tone when reading your post. THANKS. :-)

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using CurlTalk App
There is a difference between straighforwardness and rudeness, please do not assume any 'tone' that you cannot see or hear it is not there. It would be much nicer if you were to assume straightforwardness not rudeness. Please remember we are not all from the same background or even country here, despite (mostly) speaking the same language.

Agree with you wholeheartedly the laughing was completely inappropriate, nobody has said or intimated that is was anything else. I also agree with you it was passive-aggressive to address the issue in a group setting. You said you could not believe people thought it was ok to say, my posts were the closest to that. If you did not mean me I also apologise but frankly I cannot see who else you were referring to.
You have to remember, since we are behind a computer or phone screen, I am going to take something and have to assume that. That is fine with being straightforward but I felt that it was the way you wrote it. It was as if everything I said was being ignorant. I personally felt strongly when I read the post (about her boss), because it is so sad that girls have to feel that way.

Thank you for responding in a nice manner and I do appreciate what you wrote. In response to the second post I wrote underneath my longer one, I was referring to people thinking and I guess passively saying, negative connotations towards grooming. In my head I figured her boss saw volume hair + frizz = un-groomed curly hair compared to groomed straight hair. That is why I mentioned he must prefer straight hair. I feel it is a safe assumption because there have been numerous stories on top CEO women with curly hair who had to sue for discrimination because other members had negative comments about curly hair. Obviously it was more extreme but I feel that people start off with little comments such as this young women's boss and then it begins to escalate. I feel bad writing too out of the topic from this young woman's post, but that is my opinion and I apologize for blowing up her post and what happened to her.

Curls
Samanthascurlz is offline   Reply With Quote