We talk a lot about products, but I'm also curious about several aspects of our washing routines. I'm hoping this thread will give us new inspiration and insights! Things I wonder about:

- How many times a week do you wash your hair and why?
- Do you co-wash/low-poo/something else and why have you made this decision?
- What washing techniques (so things like warm/cold water, etc) work particularly well for you? Why have you opted for them?

I know all about co-washing and low-pooing, but I'm mostly curious as to why people chose to do certain things.

My own answers (for the time being):
How many times a week do you wash your hair and why?
Once a week, but the thing is that I can't justify it. I've been washing my hair once a week for almost my entire life. I'm starting to wonder if it still suffices or not (hence this topic for inspiration and food for thought).

Do you co-wash/low-poo/something else and why have you made this decision?
I've tried co-washing with the wrong conditioner, so I'm back to low-pooing, which I've done for years. Works well for my hair. I chose to go back to this routine because I was overconditioned all the time.

What washing techniques (so things like warm/cold water, etc) work particularly well for you? Why have you opted for them?
I use warm water because I have low porosity hair and it helps open the cuticles a bit. Other than that, I think I could majorly improve my techniques!
F - LP - HD - NE
Fine, low porosity, high density, normal elasticity
Hairtype 2c

Low poo: Petal Fresh Organics Rosemary & Mint Volumizing Shampoo
Protein: IAGirl's gelatine treatment
Detangler & LI: KCKT
Styling: KCCC

Beauty Is Not a Number