- How many times a week do you wash your hair and why?

Daily, partly out of habit and partly because I don;t feel fresh and awake unless I do. With all my products, I like having a blank slate every day to experiment with new combinations.

- Do you co-wash/low-poo/something else and why have you made this decision?

I tried co-washing with several different products, but they all left my waves/curls flat and limp, probably because my hair is fine & low porosity. I use natural low-poos and poo bars, because they are better for my hair and the environment (especially the bars - no plastic bottles!)

I've been shifting towards smaller companies like Shea Moisture and KBB that were on the CG bandwagon before it even existed I respect grass-roots entrepreneurship, and I want to promote it with my choices as a consumer.

- What washing techniques (so things like warm/cold water, etc) work particularly well for you? Why have you opted for them?

I use warm water after I shampoo, but a cold final rinse to close the cuticle, since this reduces frizz and tangles. Also, I do everything upside down: shampooing, conditioning, detangling. This gives me more volume on top, which is key for me because I'm always fighting the pyramid effect.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
PT: BASK Whiskey Soak