How many times a week do you wash your hair and why?

I low-poo daily, but I used sulfates daily for years and years with no serious issues before that (well, I'm not sure about NO issues because I wasn't trying to be curly at that point so I have no comparison but my hair wasn't particularly dry or damaged) -- my hair seems to be pretty impervious to anything I do to it, fortunately/unfortunately.

I hate the feeling of dirty hair and also my hair is fine so it plays nicer when I start with a "clean slate".

Do you co-wash/low-poo/something else and why have you made this decision?

I low-poo because it cleans my hair pretty much as well as the sulfate poos do and I want to be gentle to my hair when I can, and I don't use silicones anyway.

What washing techniques (so things like warm/cold water, etc) work particularly well for you? Why have you opted for them?

I wash upright but then I condition, etc. upside down a la the Ice Queen method...I'm not sure how much good it does because I end up having to untangle the back of my head every time I flip back over after my shower so I'm disturbing a lot of the clumps, but I guess if it does a little good it's still worth it.

I also try to use really warm water to help open my cuticle for conditioner because my hair doesn't absorb ANYTHING.

2c/3a, fine, low porosity.

Poo: Garnier Fructis Pure Clean (yes, it has a mild sulfate, but I have Teflon hair)
Co-wash: VO5 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Conditioner
LI: GVPCB or
Keratin Complex Vanilla Bean Deep Conditioner (nothing to do with keratin straightening, just a nice conditioner)
Style: KCCC + Pantene Curl Shaping Gel (winter) or LALSG (summer)
Dry: Diffuse or air dry, depends on my mood

Last edited by Trick; 05-13-2013 at 10:59 AM.