View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #17
shellyRN07swavy

It actually may go hand in hand since Jas has previously asked about clarifying hair with hard water issues. My hair seemed frizzy all the time, even when I just got out of the shower. As soon as my hair was not dripping wet, it started to frizz. This is usually a sign that you have a buildup issue. So I used a cleanser with EDTA ingredient, which is suppose to remove any type of chemical build up(thus hard water). After this, my hair was still frizzy and coated feeling, even when soaking wet. At the time.. all the products I were using had some type of polyquat in them. So Kathymack mentioned that the polyquts could cause build up issues(especially for fine hair curlies). So I experimented by removing them from my routine for a month..to see if there was a difference with how my hair behaved...With living in FL and having hard water I try to remove anything that may cause issues. Last few days been using products w/o glycerin, and my hair is better. The LI I was using had vegetable glycerin, but my hair was just soo frizzy. I also backed off the GPB conditioner since glycerin is high on the ingredient list. Hope this helps

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App

Low-poo:TJ TTT, CJ GCS
LI/RO/DC: CK Satin Roots,Sevi Pumpkin, SSI Okra reconstructor, CJ SAC,CJ RM
Stylers: AG Recoil, JC SS
Jellies: CK Coil Jam, Okra gel(HG)
Gel: JC CC, Ouidad H&H gel, Ouidad moisture lock gel

Hair loves moisture protein.
MUST Pixie diffuse.

My hair dose NOT like oils, butters or polyquats Or glycerin in high dews
shellyRN07swavy is offline   Reply With Quote