When I (consciously) went CG, I started off with CJ Beauticurls Argan & Olive Oil conditioner. Great smell, great consistency, and it should have given some great results as well because I had coarse hair. At least, I was convinced I had. However, it resulted in limp, overconditioned, weighed down hair. Turned out that my hair wasn't coarse at all, but fine, which explained a lot.

Now I'm low-pooing with CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo and I use AO GPB. My hair definitely likes protein, but I find that my ends are a bit dry. It made me doubt yesterday whether I was fine or had made a mistake again. When washing my hair today, I was convinced that yes, it really is fine, so I don't think the protein in GPB are the problem as might have been the case were I coarse-haired.

I'm thinking I need more moisture. In terms of styling, I'm using CJ CQ, which does not really moisturise my hair, and I'm experimenting with BRHG (today is a BRHG-only experiment). BRHG doesn't really provide moisture either. I have CJ CCCL, but the oils weigh my hair down so that's no option.

Now, I still have some CJ Beauticurls Argan & Olive oil conditioner. It's just sitting there, which is a waste, and I was thinking that perhaps I should mix a tiny blob of it in my spray bottle and use that to re-wet my hair and see if it provides some moisture. However, it took me a few months to get rid of the oils that had been sitting on my hair after several co-washes. It's a risky thing I suppose because my hair is not too fond of oils, but I figured asking your opinion wouldn't hurt.

Would you take the gamble with my properties (fine, low-porosity) or would you advise something else? It's mostly the ends that are dry.
F - LP - HD - NE
Fine, low porosity, high density, normal elasticity
Hairtype 2c

Low poo: Looking for a new one
Protein: IAGirl's gelatine treatment
Detangler & LI: KCKT
Styling: KCCC
Experimenting with: Inecto Pure Coconut Conditioner

Beauty Is Not a Number