After talking about John Walsh in the women found thread, I could not stop thinking about Adam.

Say It.  I Dare You.-imageuploadedbycurltalk1368520823.220609.jpg
^ still makes my heart sink

I was in 1st grade, he was only 1 year older than me, and I remember feeling so sick with worry while watching the coverage. I think everyone was glued to their tv, because a missing child story was not very common at that point. Like BabyJessica, you could not turn away and just held hope that he was okay. I remember being lectured heavily, from that point on, about never taking to strangers, unless I was lost. (Not really possible in life, especially if you want to meet people, but you know what they mean.) If I needed help, approach a woman. Even better, a woman with children or a police officer, or a store employee, etc. After thinking about that, I thought about the Boy Scout missing for 4 days in Utah. That was sometime in the mid 2000's, if I remember right. He was 10 or 11 and had gotten lost. He had hidden from everyone (including rescuers) who walked by because his parents told him to never, ever, talk to strangers. He might be abducted, and he was more scared of being abducted than starving/thirsting to death, which he came close to doing. There really is a fine line between equipping children for this world, and over protecting/terrifying/overly sensitizing them. Not saying my parents were perfect by any stretch, nobodies are, and I do not envy any of them.

I am glad they gave me some space, tried to prepare me for the realities of life (immediate and future) and let me screw up & answer for it. They did alright I owe my mom an awesome mothers day-out after I get done with this stretch of work.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??