Sorry to read this. As I have posted on the other thread, the link between sulphate surfactant shampoos and shedding/ hair loss is believed to be inflammation at the follicular level and I wonder if this is playing a role here. Inflammation or irritation does not have to be visible to be present or to be causing health problems.

Is your diet and lifestyle as anti inflammatory as possible? Bearing in mind the US/ UK diet is highly pro inflammatory, even the standard self proclaimed 'healthy' diet is often pro inflammatory.

Don't be over enthusiastic with massage, scrubs or pulling at the roots/ detangling, especially if you have any other inflammatory conditions (non skin/ scalp). I find it necessary to be thorough but I don't pull on my hair when detangling at all, let the amount of product (a pile) do the work, and rinse very well until my roots are 'squeaky' with a little massage.

Also choose a product containing basic ingredients: it sometimes concerns me how many are subjecting delicate skin to numerous plant extracts, fragrances and other less than skin friendly chemicals plus 'moisturising' ingredients that will coat and may hold the nasties on the scalp. If you add in sweating, exercise or UV light you have a recipe for cellular irritation/ inflammation.

Anyone who is concerned about cleansing the sebaceous glands of sebum there is an interesting article on cold pre wash rinses over on the Long Hair Community.

CO-washing is not fundamentally much different to cleansing heavy make up off with a cleansing lotion or those with dermatitis cleansing their body with a cream instead of foaming shower gel which doctors do prescribe. No health professional should really freak out about the concept, tho they might have reservations about particular products, ingredients or techniques.
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Boots Essentials gel
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect

Last edited by Firefox7275; 05-14-2013 at 05:12 AM.