Thumbs up DO low-poo, SS CC, SSI okra, VM gel

Dew point wash day: 48
Dew point next day: 55ish
Interesting weather?:

Cowash/Lowpoo: DO low-poo
RO: SS CC
Leave-in: SSI okra
Styler(s): VM gel

Styling Technique: nickel dollops gel side-to-side and upside down after shaking canopy loose, clumps were small so supersoaked somewhat over zealously, dried, plopped with two heat blasts, hair was really wet. Diffused, hair was getting soft rather then crunchy so applied more gel with wet hands, diffused till crunchy.

First Impressions: super soaking really weakened holding power of gel, need to work on application technique.

Next day results: only length got crunchy, most of top was soft by morning, SOTC'd ok but have small clumps, looks kinda stringy, still pretty wavy by end of day.

Second day refresher: rewet most of hair with combo of wet wash cloth and mod-supersoaker and applied more gel side-to-side (nickel each), plopped w/ heat and diffused to crispy.

Second day results: hair didn't stay crispy overnight, SOTC'd more to fluff then to break up any crunch, clumps still small too, hair held the wave all day though and was super shiny. I think I need a sulfate wash, stylist sprayed my hair to wet it, had a scent so wasn't just water, length still felt super slick after low-poo. Wonder if DailyFix will remove cones? Time to investigate.

New things to try: rewet hair a bit after flipping/loosening but before applying gel, always apply more gel after plop. work on ways to get back underside, maybe put base coat of gel on in shower? Maybe SS CEJ or other?

This is what I'm happiest with right now.
Co-wash: CJ DailyFix
Lo-poo: DermOrganic low-poo
RO: SS Caitlin's co
Leave-in: SheScentIt Okra Repair condish
PT: SS Caitlin's + SS PT
Stylers: Volumax Mega Gel, Max Green Styling Gel, DermOrganics Spray Gel
Techniques: Plopping & Pixie Diffusing.
glycerin, honey, oils & butters Protein!

Last edited by Lynaea; 05-16-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Lynaea is offline   Reply With Quote