Thread: Dry hair
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #16
Jessiebanana

My two cents. When I first went CJ, or really my whole life, I'd been convinced my hair was SO dry and my answer to all that was to use the thickest products I could. Argan oil, shea butter, etc. but once I started to notice a pattern of my hair liking a product and then getting dryer, I realized these heavy products were the culprit. They did the same things as silicones. I learned to become patient. Lighter conditioners don't give you the same instant gratification, but over a few weeks the moisture levels in my hair would level out and wasn't on this dry-coated yoyo anymore.

My leave-in conditioner is very lotion-y and I my rinse out strikes the perfect balance. Unlike you though I am protein sensitive. It makes my hair very frizzy and eventually crunchy. There is a little protein in my RO and that's all I need and can handle really.

You'll have more options than me. My scalp is allergic to many things, but I would look at the ingredients in your local products and go from there. Ignore what they say on the label or for what hair type they are for.
Jessiebanana is offline   Reply With Quote