Chloe, sorry for leading you astray. I've lived in south Georgia, metro Atlanta, and northern Florida and i have no memory of ever being unable to find it fresh at Publix in any of those areas! I wonder if it is just a question of whether it is a "soul food"/country cookin' type of area. I would have bet money that you'd be able to find it there. I know that store policy is that they'll special-order frozen and nonperishable stuff for you if you mention it when they ask if you found everything you needed, but i am not sure whether that extends to fresh produce. I am making a mental note to ask my local manager about it the next time i go.

Do you diffuse or clip to get all that lovely volume on top, or is that just the magic of okra? What scent did you go with, and how do you like it? I have frequently erred on the side of "too much product," so i have scaled back drastically to work my way up to "just enough." I am sure that my previous practice of applying while damp vs. current experiments with applying while soaking make a difference in the amount needed to be effective as well. Sorry if you already told us, but how wet was your hair when you slathered in the okra gel.
Originally Posted by mswhimsy
Hi, even though we're as south as you can get, we're not southern so I do believe its a regional thing. I will request it though!

Ok, to answer...I apply my LI in the shower, then throw an Aquis towel over my head and pat all over to remove some water. Then I flip over the tub and rake in my products, then "scrunch and pump" 8x per section. I take two handfuls of hair, grab it, and scrunch up, and then gently open close my fists 8x on the handful of hair. Like squeezing my bath pouf to remove the soap, lol. When I've done every section, I go immediately into a plop for 10-15 mins or so. Then I diffuse almost completely upside down until pretty much dry. My hair at this point looks pretty crazy! I gently move any weird pieces to get my part in order, and leave for work. I do not clip my roots anymore, but I did when my hair was long ( I just recently chopped it ). When I get to work I SOTC. I usually have to bobby pin this one weird spiral back that always hangs in my face.

I ordered the vanilla buttercream scent and its nice! I wear vanilla sugar body spray so it works.

I do rotate products, since I'm a junkie, and I'm afraid if I switch only to one thing, it will stop working!

Thanks for the complement!
2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
Cleanse: CJ Daily Fix, JC Cleansing Cream, TJ Tea Tree Condish
Condish: JC Too Shea, CJ Curl Rehab (both as RO & LI)
Stylers: UFD CM, CJ PP, JC Spiralicious, Darcy's Cream Gel & Cocoa bean whip

Last edited by chloe92us; 05-17-2013 at 09:23 PM.