View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 11:44 PM   #3
anonymous_133347

I'm beginning to think I might be unusual with my luck with second day hair (seeing as how many women complain about how they can't get it) but oh well. Here goes. I sleep on a silk pillowcase too. But I can't stand pineappling. I'm sure it's my imagination but I swear it gives me a headache. It just feels funny. So what I do is sweep my hair up over my head so I'm not laying on it. When I wake up in the morning my curls often seem fuzzy, wavy and bent out of shape in many places. That's no problem. I part my hair into two sides, left and right. I wet my palms with water from the sink and sweep down each side gently. I don't soak my hair. I'm talking a slight dampening. Then I typically take a dime size of leave in conditioner and sweep it over the body of my hair (between my palms) for a bit of slip. I do this on each side. I like to use Shea Moisture's Curl & Shine milk or Kinky Curly Knot today for this but you could use anything probably. Some watered down rinseout as well. So yes, smooth down. Then I gently, very gently, finger comb between ringlets, curls, waves, and pieces of hair that have gotten tangled or are overlapping or that have just plain come apart. The water and pinch of conidtioner helps the clumps reform somewhat and puts my hair back in order so it's laying as it should. More vertical, less horizontal with tangles and/or frizz. Then I take a bit of refreshing product, typically a dime size again, then I smooth on and scrunch up. For this I like to use gellies or curl creams, I guess. FSG, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Kinky Curly Knot Today. Just smooth on and over the body of your hair. Scrunch up. Presto! Unfrizzy curls, looking as good if not better than the first day. Also, since I've only dampened my hair very slightly it is always dry in fifteen minutes or less. Again, I realize this is just me. I'm porous so my hair is not easily weighed down and I can add product back in. And my curl pattern, while loose, is strong enough that it can be resuscitated with a modicum of effort. I'm talking five minutes tops. Maybe three. And I also think the weather has a lot to do with it. I don't have to deal with humidity so my hair is very predictable. I hope this helps you. I realize it won't work for everyone but it's tried and true for me. I can get to four day hair with this routine.

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

anonymous_133347 is offline   Reply With Quote