View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 07:33 AM   #40
mswhimsy

I definitely understand the distinction between the geographical south and the cultural South. If you find the fresh at a FM and end up with extra, it's really tasty roasted at a Hugh temperature with a coat of olive oil and some salt and pepper. It gets crispy and it's healthy and delicious. I am picky and never liked fries okra, but it is awesome roasted.

Thanks for the detailed description of your hair ritual. How long did it take you to figure out your process? Just curious.

Thinking out loud: I am a PJ in that I am always looking for a HG and will try dang near anything twice, but I discovered during a struggle with sudden skin problems that bit is best, at least for my face, to find something that works well and stick with it. My face abhors everything except plain honey and witch hazel, so I can't mess with that routine if I don't want bad results. I wonder whether hair is similar in that regard. I guess hormones can affect the properties of both hair and skin and change them from a baseline. It seems that there is probably also a nutritional balance for both, a happy medium of elasticity, moisture, and cleanness that is ideal... Too bad there's not a medical discipline focused on hair health, eh? TG there's no such thing as a hair pimple.

Thanks for giving me a lot to think about in the arena of hair science!

Currently fiddling with:
debatably-poo: DCNP, Tressa Watercolors (Crimson Splash)
cw&c: DevaCare, Heaven in Hair, Ouidad Climate Control
leave-in: Lush R&B Hair Moisturizer, some of above, EVCO
product: DC FFVF, DC AnGel, DCCC, OCC, JCCC, JCRR, 3SCG

I'm a terrible product junkie but I don't buy or use anything that's tested on animals.
mswhimsy is offline   Reply With Quote