I used both of the things you mentioned and they did not help me much. My skin is sensitive and temperamental, and is prone to dry peeling AND oiliness. It will break out if I even think about it too hard. I went to a dermatologist after a particularly nasty bout and everything they prescribed just made it worse. I finally found something that worked for me, and though the product junkie in me has caused me to stray a few times, nothing else has come close to being as effective for my skin. Are you ready for this? It's honey.

Try a honey masque. I do it twice a day, for about 10 minutes each time. Get about a quarter-sized dollop in the palm of your hand and spread a thin layer over dry skin. Leave it alone for ten minutes, then rinse with hot water. It immediately dissolves. Be sure to get any remnants off the fine hairs around your forehead; it will make them stiff if it dries there. I follow up with ice-cold water to close my pores.

Its humectant properties have balanced my skin's level of moisture as well, so I no longer need a face lotion at all. It doesn't get dry and it doesn't get oily to compensate. It is worth trying out, especially since you probably already have some in your kitchen. (Another of my favorite things about it is that I can get "travel-sized" pouches of it for free at any fast food joint that serves breakfast. If you do give it a whirl, let me know how it works for you. It is my face's HG.
Medium texture, Normal porosity, medium density, textures run the gamut from 2a-3c. Artificially red.

Currently fiddling with:
debatably-poo: DCNP, Tressa Watercolors (Crimson Splash)
cw&c: DevaCare, Heaven in Hair, Ouidad Climate Control
leave-in: Lush R&B Hair Moisturizer, some of above, EVCO
product: DC FFVF, DC AnGel, DCCC, OCC, JCCC, JCRR, 3SCG

I'm a terrible product junkie but I don't buy or use anything that's tested on animals.