About 5yrs ago I noticed that one spot in the back of my head had developed very strong waves (2b, probably). The rest of my hair was still pretty much straight. I actually bought a straightening iron at one point, but while on a date with my now husband it started raining. I didn't want to have to worry about my hair getting wavy again when it rained, so I looked into how I could encourage the wave and became CG.

Now my hair is 2b-2c on the sides, and the back of my hair, which started out as a section about 1.5" wide, is officially 3a and about 4" wide.

I really don't think that it's all related to being CG, though, because bringing out the curl in the back of my head is now almost effortless, whereas I definitely had to encourage them even just 6mos ago. I'm chalking it up to hormones, so I'm hoping that it continues to spread around to the front. I suppose since it took 5yrs to go from 1.5 to 4 inches, though, I'll just have to be patient!
2b/2c, fine, thick, normal porosity/elasticity

Current routine: co-wash & detangle with AIA Coconut CoWash then RO. Experimenting w/AG re:coil, DCVF & All-Nutrient Hair Proteinizer.
Love: AO GPB, KCCC, PBH Gelatine Goo, ANHP, CNPF
Like: GDL, FSG, honey, HETT, JCNS, DCVF
Hate: glycerin, mineral oil