We used feliway a few years back when we "blended our cat family". My two moved in with his. We were only in that apartment for a couple of months before moving again. They all got along GREAT until we moved to the new place. Then things got hairy. We moved again and things were better, but still not great. That's when we tried the feliway. His cat is crazy. She's kind of mean and will tear her hair out when she gets nervous.

My cat never did this until we moved into our new house. We thought perhaps it was because the previous owners had dogs and a cat?

Idk. I have thought about a 2nd opinion. I, too, have read several books and articles, etc, and I've had cats all my life, so I totally agree that the info isn't quite adding up.

And I'm really not comfortable with "you have to do all these tests in order before we'll try anything behavioral" thing. I really feel like that's manipulative.

Don't get me wrong - I'm totally willing to run tests on her! I just don't agree with the methodology here.
2c/3a/3b, Fine/med, Dense, high porous, & normal elas.

Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
Seal - MO or Jojoba
DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing