View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #14
Hootenanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanab View Post
Hootenanny, would you mind listing the books that you purchased?
Sure, I'd be happy to! Better yet, I'll post some links to them. My favorites for medical advice/keeping up with my vet are:

Cat Owner's Home Veterinary Handbook, Fully Revised and Updated: Debra M. Eldredge DVM: 9780470095300: Amazon.com: Books

And:

The Veterinarians' Guide to Your Cat's Symptoms: Michael S. Garvey D.V.M., Anne E. Hohenhaus D.V.M., John E. Pinckney D.V.M., Katherine A. Houpt D.V.M., Melissa S. Wallace D.V.M., Elizabeth Randolph: 9780375752278: Amazon.com: Books

And for general veterinary info (not just for cats):

Mosby's Veterinary PDQ, 1e: Margi Sirois EdD MS RVT LAT: 9780323055758: Amazon.com: Books

For a more natural approach (also I just love the author's cat stories), plus some behavior advice:

The Natural Cat: The Comprehensive Guide to Optimum Care: Anitra Frazier, Norma Eckroate: 9780452289758: Amazon.com: Books

Finally, for primarily behavioral advice:

Amazon.com: Think Like a Cat: How to Raise a Well-Adjusted Cat--Not a Sour Puss (9780143119791): Pam Johnson-Bennett: Books

Wow, I really am a crazy cat lady. In all seriousness, I considered a career in veterinary medicine at one point, so I find these books interesting in themselves (gave up on it because the job market for vets is a mess). While I never would try to self-diagnose a problem in my cats (or those of others), I have found that these books seem to agree with my vet's opinion in the few cases when my cats were ill, so I've come to trust them. And I found the behavioral ones to be quite successful in helping to modify undesirable behavior (in my own case, ways to remedy eliminating outside the box and food aggression).

Cleanse: SM Moisture Retention, Elucence MBC, KC Come Clean
Condish: Giovanni DL, Cure Care, Ion Treatment, GVP Balm, AOHR
Protein: AOGPB, CNPF, SSRPT
Stylers: KCCC, SM Souffle, AOMM, SS CEJ, JCRR, JCCC

Trying out steaming!
Hootenanny is offline   Reply With Quote