LA Looks Power Spikes - [see Chloe's comment below]

KCCC - No protein, no polyquats, no glycerin.

Curl Junkie Pattern Pusha - No protein, no polyquats, no glycerin. Many people compare KCCC to CJ PP.

Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets - No protein, no polyquats, but it contains glycerin.

With regards to Jessicurl, Jas is right: they don't contain any polyquats. However, I would avoid the Awe Inspiraling Spray (glycerin) and the Gelebration Spray (glycerin). You could use Confident Coils Styling Solution, though.

Jas, polyquats are tough to remove with just a low-poo. I'm sensitive to them but they're in my gel (I'm using it until I finished the bottle, which will take max two months, pfew! Unless I get addicted to FSG...), so I have to use a sulfate poo more often than I'd like too. I wash my hair only once a week so that doesn't help, either.

New_to_Curlz, you can recognise polyquats by simply looking for something called "Polyquat(s)" or "Polyquaternium," usually followed by a number. I'm not sure what gel you mean, but when I look for the gel you mention, I get something called Volumax Styling Gel and the second ingredient is "Polyquaternium-4" so it does contain polyquats.

HTH!
F - LP - HD - NE
Fine, low porosity, high density, normal elasticity
Hairtype 2c

Low poo: Weleda Oat Replenishing Shampoo
Protein: IAGirl's gelatine treatment
Detangler & LI: KCKT
Styling: KCCC

Beauty Is Not a Number

Last edited by Lauraimes; 05-20-2013 at 04:22 PM.