I'm new to using a leave-in and I have a few questions.
I've been experimenting with using a leave-in, and have done the following:
- Spray my hair wet with warm water (to open the cuticle)
- Add a tiny blob of CJ Beauticurls Argan & Olive Oil Conditioner to the spray bottle
- Spray that on my hair
- Combing through with a wide tooth comb
- Applying CJ CQ
- Gorgeous hair!
However, I did this again on the second day and precisely that what I was so scared for happened: I got overconditioned.
For those on the app: my properties are fine, low porosity, high density. Prone to getting overconditioned and weighing down.
On to the questions, then.
- What do you do to recover from overconditioned hair? I've had it before and what I basically did was just using low-poo and no conditioner at all, but this was also because I thought the CJ conditioner was no good for me. Turns out that it does work, but only as a diluted LI.
- Do you only apply leave-in after washing your hair or do you re-apply on consequent days if you don't wash your hair on a daily basis?
- Do you get overconditioned from applying too much leave-in or from applying it too often? What do you do to prevent that from happening?
F - LP - HD - NE
Fine, low porosity, high density, normal elasticity
Low poo: Looking for a new one
Protein: IAGirl's gelatine treatment
Detangler & LI: KCKT
Experimenting with: Inecto Pure Coconut Conditioner
Beauty Is Not a Number