Thanks, kathymack! I was already fearing that warm water wouldn't be as effective as I hoped, so thanks for clarifying that

I'm a bit confused now. I thought you washed your hair every day, but I'm thinking you just might be re-wetting it.

I'll see if I can restore the balance, thanks! A PT might just do the trick.
Originally Posted by Lauraimes
I've wet my hair in the shower every day since I've worn it curly--started around 24 and am now 61. Only use a shampoo every few months if I use an ingredient my hair doesn't like. I use natural soap bars to cleanse (maybe every 10 days in winter and every 5 days in summer.)

Got my haircut/highlight on Sat. My CJ DF had rolled out of the bag in the car. By the time I realized this, it was too late. They used Deva NoPoo. BIG MISTAKE. My hair has been horrible the last few days--really frizzy and soft (which is your problem, so it might not be overconditioning.) When I checked ingredient lists--aveyou had no offending ingredients, CurlMart had polyquat 7. I used a shampoo with Sodum C14-C16 Olefin Sulfonate and Cocamidopropyl Betaine in it. Hope it removes it so I don't have to do SLS.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams