View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #6
Lauraimes

Lyneae, what you say definitely makes sense. I know very well that squirting water on my hair will not remove anything I applied earlier, yet for some mysterious reason I wasn't really aware of that, so I'm glad you point it out. I'm going to give just rinsing every other day a good thought. Usually my hair looks worst on the day I washed it.

Katyhmack, oh no! I hope your hair goes back to normal soon. It's so gorgeous. I like how you get these amazing (and consistent) results by using natural products. That's what I aspire to achieve as well once I figure out what my hair really likes (so far, I only know what it dislikes). I have a two questions for you:

- What natural shampoo bars do you use? I think it shouldn't be too difficult to get hold of natural shampoo bars and I just might like it. I don't co-wash, always low-poo. Co-washing is too much for my hair to handle.
- Did you assess your properties yourself or did you get an analysis?
- What would you recommend for me at this point? Low-poo, RO with Aubrey Organics GPB, diluted LI spray, style as usual? Or should I omit the improvised LI again, let my hair recover and then try it?

Btw, I made my first batch of FSG today! It seems to be very liquid yet slimy when I touch it. Curious to see what it does for my hair, but I have to fix my current problem first. Can't change too many things at a time.

Consciously going CG is quite challenging, actually. I've had the same routine for seven years and now I'm trying to find a new routine. I adjust minor things and no more than one at a time, at least for one week. I just wish I would find something my hair likes. Knowing what it dislikes is definitely useful, but a bit discouraging at times (not that I'm giving up! I love my curls and natural products too much).

Low poo: Looking for a new one
Protein: IAGirl's gelatine treatment
Detangler & LI: KCKT
Styling: KCCC
Experimenting with: Inecto Pure Coconut Conditioner

Beauty Is Not a Number
Lauraimes is online now   Reply With Quote