L

Katyhmack, oh no! I hope your hair goes back to normal soon. It's so gorgeous. I like how you get these amazing (and consistent) results by using natural products. That's what I aspire to achieve as well once I figure out what my hair really likes (so far, I only know what it dislikes). I have a two questions for you:

- What natural shampoo bars do you use? I think it shouldn't be too difficult to get hold of natural shampoo bars and I just might like it. I don't co-wash, always low-poo. Co-washing is too much for my hair to handle.
- Did you assess your properties yourself or did you get an analysis?
- What would you recommend for me at this point? Low-poo, RO with Aubrey Organics GPB, diluted LI spray, style as usual? Or should I omit the improvised LI again, let my hair recover and then try it?

Originally Posted by Lauraimes
Hair seems better today, despite the 70 dewpoint!

I'm sure that you should be able to find natural soap/shampoo bars where you use. Just be careful of the ingredients. You want soap made the cold process way--saponified oils (my hair hates castor oil, so I stay away from that.) They are more then cowashing, but gentler then lowpoo. Low porosity folks seem to like them better then others. They were really popular about 5 years ago, but feel out of favor because they are alkaline and hair is acid.

I did assess my own properties. Not really hard for me. My hair has always been fine. When I was younger, I was told that it was fine although there was alot of it. Now that I'm older, it's lost a lot of density (age, thyroid and a medication I take.) When it's short and there isn't a lot of it, and it takes 6 hours to dry with no product--that's low porosity.

I rotate products, so it's really hard for me to advise you on what to do. I wouldn't/couldn't use the same things all of the time.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix and CCCC