I've been low-poo for about 6-8months and washed my hair every other day until I got the Curly Girl Handbook for my birthday and decided to go full CG. After a week of CG my hair is dry and floofy

I got the very basic supplies and have been doing the method for a week as follows:

- Wash roots with Suave Naturals Coconut conditioner
- Rinse
- Apply Tresemme Naturals Nourishing conditioner. I let it sit for several minutes before rinsing. I've tried keeping most of the conditioner in after rinsing or applying an extra amount after rinsing
- "Scrunch dry" my hair with a microfiber towel just so it isn't dripping. Apply a quarter-sized amount of Herbal Essences Totally Twisted gel (I also have tried Set Me Up gel but it is too stiff when dried)
- "plop" for 10-20 mins. Let the rest air dry

The first 2 washes were GREAT and the curls were shaping up. Now I have some definition in the ends but the mid is fluffy and frizzy. Worse than when I low-poo-ed. And now I've been washing every day because of the awful frizz and dryness on day 2 (I used to low-poo every other day).

Do you see anything I am doing wrong or can improve? I'll also note I am in Canada so many products are unattainable here.