P.S. I only use about a pea size amount of shampoo when I wash. I only use it at my roots and on my scalp. I put on a ton of rinse out conditioner and let it sit while I do everything else in the shower. Then, I had my biggest break through this winter when I realized I have much better luck applying the leave in and smoothie in the shower right before I get out when my hair is still wet. Because drying time is such an issue for me I try to squeeze out as much water as possible or else it never drys. Then I also have to be very light with the products. I divide my hair into about 5-7 sections, 3 in the back and 1 or 2 on the sides. Then I add about a pea sized amount of smoothie and leave in to each section.

I never thought applying products in the shower would make such a huge difference. I also used to comb my hair with a wide tooth comb up side down out of the shower and then again right side up to get a straight part. That was adding to some of my flatness on top. I have lately quit combing it right side up and only use my hand to get it doing what I want so it doesn't look crazy. That has also really helped with it not getting flat on top.
2C, low porosity, high density, coarse, shoulder length No sulfates, no parabens, no silicones
Shampoo- Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus, Giovanni Smooth As Silk, Deva No Poo, Nature's Gate Aloe Vera, Yes To Carrots
Conditioner- Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk, Giovanni Smooth As Silk, Deva One Condition, Nature's Gate Aloe Vera, Yes To Carrots
Styler- Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Shea Moisture Shine & Hold Mist, Yes to Carrots Leave In and Yes To Carrots Anti-Frizz Serum