View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #6
pianogirl

P.S. I only use about a pea size amount of shampoo when I wash. I only use it at my roots and on my scalp. I put on a ton of rinse out conditioner and let it sit while I do everything else in the shower. Then, I had my biggest break through this winter when I realized I have much better luck applying the leave in and smoothie in the shower right before I get out when my hair is still wet. Because drying time is such an issue for me I try to squeeze out as much water as possible or else it never drys. Then I also have to be very light with the products. I divide my hair into about 5-7 sections, 3 in the back and 1 or 2 on the sides. Then I add about a pea sized amount of smoothie and leave in to each section.

I never thought applying products in the shower would make such a huge difference. I also used to comb my hair with a wide tooth comb up side down out of the shower and then again right side up to get a straight part. That was adding to some of my flatness on top. I have lately quit combing it right side up and only use my hand to get it doing what I want so it doesn't look crazy. That has also really helped with it not getting flat on top.
Styler- Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Shea Moisture Shine & Hold Mist, Yes to Carrots Leave In and Yes To Carrots Anti-Frizz Serum
pianogirl is offline   Reply With Quote