this thread confuses me. (but I've been co-washing for about a decade now)

Those of you that have stopped, are you still using conditioner after each shampoo? Are you using less conditioner? I guess I'm trying to figure out how you narrowed it down the conditioner being the issue.
Originally Posted by scrills
I've found the best results for myself if I do my entire routine with my head hanging over the side of the tub, upside down. So this week, when I quit co-washing, I am no longer massaging into my scalp the conditioner I was washing with. Now I do a gentle and quick scalp cleaning with Nature's Gate Tea Tree Shampoo, rinse that out, condition the length but not the scalp (this is easy since I'm hanging upside down) and rinse out, then apply leave-in conditioner, but not touching the scalp. Before, I was purposefully applying the conditioner to my scalp and gently scrubbing it.

After 3 low-poo washes (I think you can call Nature's Gate "low-poo"), I have definitely noticed less hair going into the trash can during my routine.
Started embracing the 2b waves in March 2013. I can't believe how immediate the difference, when I stopped using sulfates! Now I need guidance on most everything else.
My best guess so far at my hair profile: 2b, medium porosity, fine and med width strands, low-to-med density, medium length.