Am I destined to have my hair in a ponytail forever? I just want to cut it short, and let virgin hair grow out. I attached a picture of my face, and my desired haircut (not the color, I'm keeping my brown!)
Originally Posted by charlavail
It sounds like your hair is VERY damaged if you have so many splits, so a big chop is definitely in order, IMHO. I think you can pull it off- you have to think of it this way too- you already wear your hair in a pony all the time, so your face is already exposed, so it won't be much different. And if you want a change- there are always wigs! I know it sounds crazy, but there are some seriously cool wigs in hot pink, black, ombre, you name it. When I was in college I had this friend who had a pixie, and a huge collection of wigs, and she was just cool, you know? I never knew what she was going to look like on any given day.

ETA: The cut you showed the pic of would require serious straight-ironing to achieve this look, and you would end up with damaged hair again. I would say to keep it curly and learn to pamper your curls...either go pixie short, or go slightly longer since your curls will shrink up.
2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
Cleanse: CJ Daily Fix, JC Cleansing Cream, TJ Tea Tree Condish
Condish: JC Too Shea, CJ Curl Rehab (both as RO & LI)
Stylers: UFD CM, CJ PP, JC Spiralicious, Darcy's Cream Gel & Cocoa bean whip