Default DO lowpoo, SS CC, SSI okra, VM gel

Dew point wash day: 71
Dew point next day: 71
Interesting weather?:

Cowash/Lowpoo: DO lowpoo
RO: SS CC
Leave-in: SSI okra
Styler(s): VM gel

Styling Technique: mod-SS + flipping hair back and forth is making skinny/stringy clumps so I tried something slightly different. I feel like I need a base layer of gel before I SS but ones I've tried aren't cutting it so after I quick-rinsed my LI I smoothed/raked a big dollop of VM gel through length and somewhat to canopy, THEN I flipped and loosened bangs a bit. Mod-SSed and applied nickel gel S2S, I finger combed my bangs to one side and let everything stay where it fell naturally. Dried S2S w/ MFT and upside down then plopped w/ heat. Hoping for bigger clumps without flat bangs, fingers crossed haha, I think that guys my favorite emoticon.
Added more gel after plop and pixie diffused till crunchy/mostly dry.

First Impressions: not getting good crunch/hold lately, even with VM on own. Not sure if its to do with whatever was sprayed on my hair during cut or if its technique. I have been getting my hair wetter during mod-SS and its been pretty wet when I plop. Need to try making less wet, letting gel do the clumping and drying longer/better with towel.

Next day results: crunch mostly gone by morning, wavy enough but fell out some and had a bit of canopy frizz. I've been reading back over my 'good' days to try to figure out what I'm doing differently. I got the MG sculpting gel so will try combo-ing that with the VM.

Second day refresh: One thing I'm really pleased with, the VM gel is super easy to refresh. I usually wake up second morning with pretty frizzy/fly-away hair from shoving it up over my head throughout the night. BUT, all I have to do is wet my hands and smooth them over the top and down the sides, I also kind of pull all my length together loosely, like if I was gonna do a low ponytail, and scrunch up the ends a bit. Voila, all of the loose bits get stuck back down and for maybe 30 mins I have a glaze of crunch, but that works itself out by the time I get to work and I have smooth, loosely clumpy 2a-ish waves (1st day is more 2b)

Second day results:

New things to try:

This is what I'm happiest with right now.
Co-wash: CJ DailyFix
Lo-poo: DermOrganic low-poo
RO: SS Caitlin's co
Leave-in: SheScentIt Okra Repair condish
PT: SS Caitlin's + SS PT
Stylers: Volumax Mega Gel, Max Green Styling Gel, DermOrganics Spray Gel
Techniques: Plopping & Pixie Diffusing.
glycerin, honey, oils & butters Protein!

Last edited by Lynaea; 05-24-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Lynaea is offline   Reply With Quote