Back when I used to use cones I would slather the cone-serums straight onto my wet hair. Big no-no haha. Now if I were ever to go back I think I would use all my CG knowledge and use cones smartly. Like use them as a sealer only... and make sure all my products underneath were CG-friendly so they could properly moisturize the hair.

I have to say I got frustrated at one point in the last few weeks and used a bit an old bottle of the Body Shop Grapeseed serum I had laying around. I put it on top of my CG leave-ins etc on dry hair. Good news is my hair was shiny and smooth. Bad news is it pulled out my wave in an hour. I clarified afterward and that was that.

You can always try. Cones aren't going to make your hair evaporate lol! You'll just have to be ok w/ the dryness you'll get from using a coco-betaine low-poo or mild sulfate shampoo to clarify afterward.
Originally Posted by PomegranateCurl
That is true. Interesting how your hair reacted to the serum. I think my hair is better off where it's at but it is interesting hearing stories of once-in-a-while going back. I might try something 'coney' on top of my natural products, like you said. Thanks for the tip!
High Porosity, Fine, Low Density, Low Elasticity
Suave, V05, ACV rinses, CO, and Gelatine PT.
Curls