Yeah, the labels are def. useful shorthand, I just didn't want the convo to turn into a debate on modified vs. full on curly girl lol! So that is why I stated it so it wouldn't come up in convo but I guess I shouldn't have bc it did anyway LOL! You say the coconut oil dt is cheap, where do you get this? I really like coconut oil but I don't use just strictly coconut oil it's always in a product.

I agree, say if I did use cones again, I would be worried that I think my hair is healthy, but in reality it's full of build-up etc. Also, it would suck having to shampoo and not being able to just co-wash.

This is actually nice because I am able to really understand the pros and cons and it reinforces why I stopped cones in the first place! lol Thanks for your input.
Originally Posted by Samanthascurlz
I am in the UK but just get refined coconut oil from the World Foods section in the main supermarkets or an Asian grocery store, the brand is British-Asian. So products are aimed at those who use a lot in everyday cookery and expect cheap prices especially African and South Asian immigrants, not aimed at the middle class health foods market who are willing to pay high prices for 'extra virgin'.

Do you have anywhere in your area that stocks huge packs of rice, pulses, spices and drums of cooking oil? Otherwise you might try eBay or Amazon, it seems we can get anything from one or the other here!
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect