Fifi, how was your co-worker? Blood sugar ok?
Originally Posted by juanab
She started feeling better after eating. Not sure if it was a fluke because she really did not eat a great deal of protein yesterday, on top of night shifts messing with you, or of it's more serious. She made a doc's apt. It's almost time for our yearly insurance physical anyway. We have to do a glucose check, so she is going to have that done a little early. Thank you for asking! I was a little concerned last night. She was loopy.

ETA: Speaking of... I always hate this insurance crap. I don't trust them. They set us up with people to draw your blood or you can to your doc. I go to my doc. He wan't extended glucose, cholesterol, etc checked yearly anyway. It seems like everyone who goes through the provided lab techs ends up with completely different results. It's bad enough I have to let them weigh and measure me and check my BP. Everyone has high blood pressure, according to them, and people who are underweight are told they are overweight. It's a scam.
Originally Posted by Fifi.G
My company makes us do physicals every year too. For the past two years, they've told me I was overweight, because they go strictly by that crappy BMI measurement. Everything else has been normal for me-blood pressure, glucose, etc. I'm sure it is a scam.
Originally Posted by LadyV69
It is ridiculous. Two of our house keepers are walking stick people. It's simply how they are built. The man is well over 6ft, and very slender. The other is not quite 5 foot tall, and has to buy her clothing in children's departments. She's teeny, and you can't find one ounce of fat on her. Yep, both over weight! *I know I have mentioned it before, but the second one worries me because she takes it to heart and starts eating nothing but salads. Just veggies, little to no dressing. She is diabetic, and only has one of 5 siblings left. They all passed away from diabetes, along with her parents. They all had poor education on it, especially her parents and older siblings. This health and wellness crap is really a mind f**k for many, and focuses on the wrong thing

I am glad they have not really forced us to comply. Hospital employees here had to take action and correct what was found wrong with them. Some employee's had wasted away to nothing, and were still being told they were overweight, thanks to the BMI.

My BP is always through the roof when they check it, and it's normal when my doc takes it :-/ I'm not going on BP pills due to one high reading a year.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

Last edited by Fifi.G; 05-24-2013 at 06:14 AM.