I'd eat my hat if that is not loaded with nasties. Have you tried Kinky Curly Knot today? I also get really easy detangling from coconut oil, the day after a deep treatment when just the residue is still coating my hair. Conditioners rich in one of the behentrimonums tend to have more slip than those loaded with fatty alcohols, ditto anything with a pH around 4.5 (many Komaza Care products are, and also scalp friendly).

Could you perhaps avoid bedhead tangles with a pineapple or loose braid, satin sleep cap or pillowcase? Is she finger detangling before hitting the brush?

Best thing for scalp issues is a formal diagnosis from your family doctor then treat or pick products with that in mind. I would be reticent to keep adding commercial products that are likely packed with potentially irritating ingredients like fragrances. Diet modification is beneficial in many scalp complaints: foods that are anti inflammatory and nutrient dense to help calm any inappropriate immune response, strengthen the skin barrier, alter the amount and composition of your sebum. Especially look at your intake of oily fish, sugars and white/ refined carbs.

ETA Ouch at the drying alcohol! I would not want to comb hair when damp (weakened) with that. According to Science-y hairblog the alcohol in hairspray starts breaking down hair fast when it is wetted rather than a tiny mist that evaporates immediately.
"Alcohol Denat., Water/Eau, Acrylates Copolymer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Triethyl Citrate, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Panthenol."
http://www.facevaluesonline.com/381519055607.html
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect

Last edited by Firefox7275; 05-24-2013 at 07:00 AM.