View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #26
anonymous_133347

Wanted to take the time to thank Pomegranatecurl for bringing up this topic in the first place. It led me to do a one week experiment in which I low-poo'd straight. I found from my utterly subjective experience (and that's any of us curly girls can ever do--evaluate things subjectively) that even with a super gentle low poo, I do better with mostly co-washing/the occasional low poo. (I guess you can call it the Jules-CG-method. Go Jules!) However, it was really informative and helpful for P.C. to share her observations, and seeing as how she's lost a lot of density over the past four months and is frightened, I think it's great that she came on the forum to try to spare anybody else that particular brand of misfortune. It's opened my eyes a little, too. I noticed yesterday while low pooing that I tend to shed more hair on my left side so I'll be sure to keep an eye on that. And while I already massaged my scalp quite gently, but I'm going to heed those warnings about massaging too vigorously all the more so and be on the lookout!

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

anonymous_133347 is offline   Reply With Quote