View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #26
Lynaea

Default AIA Clarity poo, SS CC + SS PT, SSI okra, MG Sculpting + VM gel

Dew point wash day: 65
Dew point next day: 65
Interesting weather?:

Cowash/Lowpoo: AIA Clarity poo; my hairs been weird since the haircut, won't hold crunch yet is roughish and kinda tangly when dry, hoping this helps.
RO: SS CC + SS PT
Leave-in: SSI okra
Styler(s): MG Sculpting gel + VM gel

Styling Technique: applied two dime-nickel dollops MG Sculpting gel after LI and finger combed through from scalp; this stuff is really thick and is the consistency of congealed chicken drippings...so kinda gross but I work in a pathology lab and was a vet tech before that so I've seen worse
Blotted hair with flour sack (FST) and scrunched in two quarter dollops VM gel S2S with wet hands, at this point my hair was gooey enough that I could squish the length of my hair back together to reform clumps. Now that I've done that again I'm thinking this is the step that's been missing the last several tries. I decided not to plop so I dried a bit more with FST S2S and USD and immediately pixie diffused. I always do the first bit USD then do S2S until moderately dry and getting crunchy, then go USD again to dry canopy a bit better, did final blast from top down.

First Impressions: I'm not sure whether the MGSculpt added anything, the consistency makes it seem like it would be excellent for clumpage but the amount I used wasn't enough to notice a difference. For whatever reason though I feel like a need a base layer of gel, I think mostly I am afraid the VM is so thick I'm likely to miss spots and at least with a base I'll know I'm mostly covered. Also, its easier to apply gel to my canopy/scalp area when my hair is fairly wet and I'm still in the shower but the VM doesn't do well when I rewet to help form clumps, hmm. I'm sure i'll come up with more ways to try this combo. Hair really crispy after diffusing, good wave and clumps, so far so good.

Next day results: So, I guess I was in the mood for trying new things yesterday because after all of the above I then decided to try pineappling for the first time. My hair was pretty crunchy when I started however the first try was too low, the second was better but then I wasn't really ready to lay down and it was too loose and mostly fell out. So then I gave up, all that manipulation managed to work out most of the lovely crunch I'd managed and by the time I laid down only the last 5 inches or so were still crunchy. Worked out okay though, still had pretty waves today though top bit was less wavy than I'd like. All and all I'd say my experimentation was a success. I might try pineappling for second day hair but I don't think it's gonna work for just styled, crunchy hair, will see. Pic below is from this am.

Second day refresh: smoothed strays on canopy with wet hands.

Second day results: ends still nicely wavy, top straighter but very shiny. I think if crunch hadn't been released prematurely top would still be wavy.
Actually managed third day hair with this (though my scalp was getting itchy), ends were still wavy and top went very smooth, soft, shiny. Pretty pleased

New things to try:
Attached Thumbnails
Lynaea's CG Hair Journal-image.jpg  

This is what I'm happiest with right now.
Co-wash: CJ DailyFix
Lo-poo: DermOrganic low-poo
RO: SS Caitlin's co
Leave-in: SheScentIt Okra Repair condish
PT: SS Caitlin's + SS PT
Stylers: Volumax Mega Gel, Max Green Styling Gel, DermOrganics Spray Gel
Techniques: Plopping & Pixie Diffusing.
glycerin, honey, oils & butters Protein!

Last edited by Lynaea; 05-27-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Lynaea is offline   Reply With Quote