My hair is like this too, well, I can't really ever call it curly, because it's not. I can get it to a 2c with lots of work, but usually product gives me a 2b where conditioner only leaves me at a 2a, which is what I'm doing right now thanks to my dead ends. Although actually, the healthy, wavier parts of my hair could easily be 2b. So I really don't know, I'll see when it grows out more. Also if I use products that don't work for me, even the healthy, curlier parts go straighter. I don't think it's cheating, my mom has stick straight hair and she can use all the gel in the world and her hair won't go curly. I think a lot of 2s have fine hair and it's harder to hold a curl.
Also, another poster mentioned that if you get rid of the poof that'll make it appear curlier, and she's absolutely right! Sometimes my hair would just be a big poof ball that looked pretty straight from far away, but upon closer investigation it was actually a bunch of completely undefined waves that instead of sticking together just all frizzed out. I put in some coconut oil and curl creme and voila! Waves! Without any scrunching too, they were there all along, just invisible.
Just starting CG! 5-13

2A, fine, dense, high porosity, highlighted

low-poo: Leonor Greyl bain vitalisant b*
co-wash: CJ smoothing*
RO: ^, SS Caitlin's*
DT: CJ rehab
LI: CJ rehab
stylers: CJ CCCC*
oils: coconut

*experimenting
HG

loves: aloe, oils, esp. coconut
hates: acv, baking soda
on the fence about polyquats

Last edited by mermaidwaves; 05-25-2013 at 01:33 PM.