Rats I thought curl queen didnt have humectants. What is a lightweight gel that wouldn't have humectants? I used the Shea moisture shampoo because of the protein but it looks the same if I use the curl junkie daily fix too.
Originally Posted by easpurk
Humectants include propylene glycol, aloe vera, glycerin and honey/ agave.

IMO get your protein from products you apply after you shampoo or in the form of treatments, you wash most water soluble ingredients away anyway. Or you could add hydrolysed protein to any product you choose if you purchase the Colorful Neutral Protein Filler.

You might research products like Jessicurl gentle lather shampoo and Rockin Ringlets (magnesium sulphate, flaxseed), or Komaza Care Moja shampoo (pH 4.5) and Matani repair treatment spray (protein, ceramides, panthenol).

You might be fine continuing to use your Curl Queen if you reduce the oils and humectants elsewhere in the routine, it's changing the balance of protein to moisture that is often important.
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect