View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #1
wannabewavy

Default DevaCurl Alternatives

I'm look for product recommendations for both myself and my DD. Currently we are using the DevaCurl No Poo, One Conditioner, B-Leave In, and ArcAngell. The products were working great for our hair until a couple of months ago.

Then we both starting experiencing a dry, itchy scalp. I figured my issues were caused by a new pregnancy, but that obviously isn't my 7yo's issue. When I mentioned it in passing, both my hair dresser and doctor said it's probably the change in weather and that we may need to look at using something different for spring/summer.

Anyway, here's our hair stats:

I'm a 2C/3A with medium density, normal porosity, and medium texture as best as I can tell. Along with the itchy scalp, I feel like my hair at the root is more oily.

DD is mostly 2A with some 2B on a good day. No idea on the others but her hair feels very similar to mine. She has only had the itchy scalp.

Other "issues" to consider are I'd like something more budget friendly, and we live in a very small rural town. No Whole Foods, Target, or the like. We have Wal-Mart, Dollar General, and a small Wal-greens. The salons only carry the big name commercial products and look at me like I have two heads when I asked if there are any sulfate-free, alcohol-free, and silicone-free options. Many say they've never heard of such a thing.

Last edited by wannabewavy; 05-26-2013 at 05:48 PM.
wannabewavy is offline   Reply With Quote