I've just recently started taking biotin consistently and my nails have been growing like crazy. It feels stronger and breaks less too. I haven't taken it long enough to comment on hair growth but I've heard it helps. However, just warning you guys that some people have had breakouts from this... But I haven't at all. Maybe it's because I take it with the b-complex, which I heard helps, but sometimes I take it by itself and I still haven't broken out. If you do get pimples, try to drink lots of water, take it with a b-complex, or take a lower dose.
Originally Posted by Keihs
Living a healthy lifestyle really helps a lot. Biotin can't do it alone. I myself take multivitamins with energizing ribose from (from Hercules Vitamins) and not only I absorb the full nutrients that my body needs but it also keeps my immune system strong. Back to biotin, we all aknow that biotin is vitamin H, part of the B complex family. I think it's really wise to help biotin with b complex vitamins to fully get the benefits of the effects of biotin.